Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rep. Alan Grayson E-Mail Update

Hey people, just got this email from Fl. Rep. Alan Grayson and I am sharing it here in its entirety. Rep. Grayson's tireless and relentless efforts to keep true Health Care Reform on life support MUST BE ENCOURAGED AND SUSTAINED!! His "Names of the Dead" website is a BEAUTIFUL way TO HONOR THE DEAD and TELL THEIR STORIES, and RAISE THEIR VOICES UP SO WASHINGTON MAY HEAR THEM LOUD AND CLEAR!! http://www.namesofthedead.com

Here is Rep. Grayson's update in its entirety:

Dear Laura Lynne,
It's been a long time since someone was willing to meet Republicans toe to toe. Then I showed up, and now they're running scared.

But scared Republicans, unlike some Democrats, don't just lie down and take it. They lie, cheat, and bluster as hard as they can to try and make what scares them go away.

Fox News stalker Griff Jenkins set up shop outside my office. Bill O'Reilly went on TV and called me "out of control." The Florida GOP is desperately looking for an opponent to take me on in 2010. Wingnuts far and wide have launched websites called everything from "Alan Disgrayson" to "My Congressman Is Nuts" to try and drum up support and money for my opponents and distract from the issues at hand.

But I'm not backing down -- I'm working harder than ever before for the reform our country needs. And with your help, on Monday, we can show everyone that doing just that is the best defense against thuggish Republican scare tactics.

Make a pledge to join tomorrow's money bomb -- and show the Fox News chattering heads we're not backing down until we get what we want.

Already tomorrow is shaping up to be a day of momentous collective action. That's what makes a money bomb work: thousands of people standing up and saying they will not tolerate the status quo. And not only that, they're willing to put their financial support behind a candidate that speaks for them.

That's who I aim to be -- a fighter for you. Since I launched CongressmanWithGuts.com earlier this month, more than 3,000 people have pledged over $250,000 toward my campaign. That is phenomenal, but we need to do something truly dramatic to break the Republican logjams in Washington and put a fork in the naysayers. That's why I need you to keep fighting with me.

Make a pledge to join tomorrow's money bomb -- and show the Fox News chattering heads we're not backing down until we get what we want.

Thank you for joining me in the fight. Your strength and support is truly amazing, and I can't thank you enough.

Sincerely,
Alan Grayson
Member of Congress
If you do not wish to receive further email from Congressman Grayson's campaign, please elick here to unsubscribe.
Paid for by the Committee to Elect Alan Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment